THE rAVe Agency is a digital creative agency focused exclusively on the B2B audiovisual technology market. In addition to partnering with clients to drive their marketing efforts, THE rAVe Agency also has a digital trade publication, which is advertising-supported; the publication attends and covers industry trade shows, which are also supported by sponsorships. Year-round client work includes social media management, advertising campaign design/strategy, content marketing (e.g., white papers, case studies, blogs) and more.
We are seeking a full-time accountant and office manager who will be solely responsible for the office operations, accounting, record-keeping, human resources and organizational effectiveness of our small company. The ideal candidate should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. They should also have extraordinary organizational aptitude and attention to detail. They should also be discrete and trustworthy with confidential financial and personnel information.
- Maintain and reconcile all financial records on at least a monthly basis via Quickbooks
- Maintain Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable, keeping management apprised of cash flow and debt
- Create and send out invoices as directed by salespersons
- Pay invoices as directed by management and in a timely manner
- Run accounting reports as requested for CPA and management
- Work with management to set budgets, including annual budget
- Record and make check deposits as needed
- Run employee payroll through Paychex
- Manage the enrollment for employee benefits (401K and health insurance) and provide assistance, in conjunction with benefits providers
- On-board new employees – assign them a desk, set up a phone line, get new equipment, ask Emily Dean to set up software accounts, etc.
- Maintain personnel records
- Be responsible for compliance with all audits and compliance related to company benefits, such as annual health insurance audit required to maintain coverage
- Process purchasing requests by employees, including computers leased through the Apple leasing program
- Tag and monitor fixed assets
- Audit and renew annually all insurance coverage, including publishers’ insurance, keyman insurance, etc.
- Answer primary company phone line during business hours
- Keep management apprised of necessary insurance, tax, or legal requirements or compliance issues at a federal, state or local level
- Assist outside CPA in filing tax returns
- Check company mail, including secondary PO Box on Franklin Street
- Provide clerical and administrative support as needed
- Booking of employee travel
- High school degree or equivalent required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or related field preferred.
- Two to four years of accounting or bookkeeping experience is required, preferably in a professional-services (or similar) company.
- Knowledge of Quickbooks preferred.
- Previous office management or admin experience preferred.
- Previous (basic) HR experience a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.
Our office is located in Chapel Hill, NC, in a fun co-working space. (We have several dedicated offices within.) While we are working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic, we anticipate it being over one day, and will return to working in person when that time comes. While our schedules and locations can be flexible with work-from-home days, this is not a remote position — so you must be able to work on location in Chapel Hill most of the time.
Benefits & Culture
THE rAVe Agency offers 100% paid employee healthcare from Blue Cross Blue Shield, a 401(K) program, unlimited paid time off (plus, half days every Friday) and a free gym membership to the UNC Wellness Center. You can wear whatever you want to work most days, and we have fun employee outings like lunches and nights out to see the Durham Bulls or a show at DPAC. We trust employees to get work done without constant supervision, and output/results are more important than anything else.
How to Apply
Please send a custom cover letter, your resume and salary requirements to managing director Sara Abrons via this email: email@example.com. Your salary requirement can be a range, but please be sure to include it. To show you read this entire description and can follow directions, please also include in your cover letter your favorite restaurant in the Triangle area and why it’s your favorite.