THE rAVe Agency is looking for a talented and creative graphic designer with expertise in digital design to work in our office in Chapel Hill, NC. We are a creative agency working primarily in a B2B industry, specifically the audiovisual industry. You will work with our various teams to supply creative work and creative input for both internal use and client projects.
The ideal candidate has excellent design and problem solving skills and superior attention to detail. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment is a must, as is the ability to receive constructive criticism and feedback. Good time management skills and priority management with regards to design are really important. One to three years experience is preferred, but candidates right out of school will be considered.
- Work with social media, strategy and publishing teams, giving visual and creative input as needed
- Be our resident subject matter expert when it comes to design and creative
- Design web graphics including banner ads, social media graphics, website assets, infographics, etc.
- Design email blast templates
- Design layouts for both single and multi-page documents such as media kits and one sheets
- Design graphics for use in trade show booths
- Creation of high quality presentations, both live and webinar-based, typically in Apple Keynote
- Creation of simple graphics for use in video
- High proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Comfortable working in an Apple environment
- Knowledge of the latest HTML and CSS standards
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS design, particularly for email design and responsive mobile design
- Knowledge of best practices for design, particularly for web and email
- Knowledge of digital asset management
- Knowledge of web optimization for graphics and photos
- Basic knowledge of copyright issues as related to photography and illustrations
- Experience and proficiency in WordPress (not programming-level experience)
- Basic photography and photo editing skills
- Knowledge of best practices for visual slide presentations (primarily in Apple Keynote)
- Superior problem-solving skills
- Desire to learn new design skills as needed (company will pay for professional development for knowledge helpful to the business)
- Ability to turn out high-quality creative work while under pressure
- Ability to accept constructive criticism
- Local candidates preferred. Non-local candidates must be willing to relocate to work in our office in Chapel Hill, NC. This is not a remote position.
- You must have a U.S. work visa. We are not able to sponsor visas at this time.
- This is a full-time job with salary + benefits.
- We work typical office hours Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work (often done from home) will be required to meet deadlines.
- Occasional travel to trade shows and/or client offices and events may be required.
- Preferred start date is in January 2019.
- Applicants must include a link to a digital portfolio of work.
Work environment is casual, with a very flexible vacation and remote work policy, though we do want someone who will be able to work on-site in our office in Chapel Hill, NC most of the time (Monday – Friday). Some limited travel may be required when entire company travels to cover trade shows. Competitive salary + benefits including 401K, health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield NC, gym membership, very flexible vacation / time off policy, access to professional development and half days on most Fridays.
Interested? Apply below!