THE rAVe Agency is a digital creative agency focused exclusively on the B2B audiovisual technology market. In addition to partnering with clients to drive their marketing efforts, THE rAVe Agency also has a digital trade publication, which is advertising-supported; the publication attends and covers industry trade shows, which are also supported by sponsorships. Year-round client work includes social media management, advertising campaign design/strategy, content marketing (e.g., white papers, case studies, blogs) and more.
We are seeking a project manager to help manage client accounts and projects, including advertising packages and trade show coverage. The ideal candidate should have excellent communication skills and attention to detail, be able to manage multiple projects at once and be comfortable working with varied personalities across different teams. While this is a client-facing role, it distinctly leans toward project management over account management, but a candidate with previous experience in either role may be successful. Most of our work is managed through digital tools, so the ability to learn new software, as well as communicate and problem-solve via digital communication as well as in person, is critical. The project manager will not have direct reports, but they will direct many employees within the context of projects, as well as interface directly with clients — so excellent interpersonal skills are very important.
- Determine and define project scope, timeline and objectives.
- Communicate directly with clients and internal team members.
- Work with other teams/positions — including creative, strategy, social, editorial, etc. — to predict, outline and manage (often-changing) resource needs in an effective and efficient manner to meet client and company objectives.
- Develop and manage detailed project schedules and work plans.
- Work closely with account managers to determine and communicate deadline expectations for clients; serve as the expert on ongoing projects in the company.
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about progress, adjustments, etc.
- Manage successful deployment of client contracts by assigning tasks internally and communicating expected deliverables to team members and clients.
- Utilize marketing and project management best practices, techniques and standards throughout the entire project execution.
- Monitor progress and make adjustments, as needed.
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement.
- Keep organized records of marketing metrics and results of past campaigns.
- Lead project status meetings.
- Assist stakeholders in making cost/benefit decisions.
- Manage organization of three to five trade shows per year, including two large shows (one in Europe in February and one in the U.S. in June), with budgets upwards of $150,000 per year. Tasks include managing personnel, travel, training, equipment, booth build and set-up and more. You will have resources including the ability to hire contractors and other in-house employees to assist, but you will act as the primary manager in this regard.
- Some travel will be required, mostly to industry trade shows and conferences.
- Expectation of responsibility division: 70% project management, 20% trade show management, 10% account management.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in advertising, business, marketing or related field.
- Two to four years of project management or related experience.
- Proven ability to see out projects according to outlined scope and timeline; experience managing projects through the full life cycle.
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively, with a can-do attitude when faced with project challenges.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and obsession with meeting deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Firm understanding of marketing landscape, channels, and best practices within social, digital and email marketing.
- Familiarity with cloud-based project management software tools, methodologies and best practices. (We use Wrike, Facebook Workplace and Google Drive, and we are also transitioning to HubSpot. Experience with Wrike and/or HubSpot, in particular, are pluses, so please mention any experience in your application.)
- Aptitude for technology is a plus. Any previous experience or interest in audiovisual technology is a double plus.
- Previous experience in B2B marketing or at an agency is a plus.
Our office is located in Chapel Hill, NC, in a fun co-working space. (We have several dedicated offices within.) While work schedules and locations can be flexible, this is not intended to be a remote position — so you must be able to work on location in Chapel Hill most of the time. Local candidates strongly preferred, but candidates not currently in the Triangle area will also be considered.
Benefits & Culture
THE rAVe Agency offers 100% paid employee healthcare from Blue Cross Blue Shield, a 401(K) program, unlimited paid time off (plus, half days every Friday) and a free gym membership to the UNC Wellness Center. You can wear whatever you want to work most days, and we have fun employee outings like lunches and nights out to see the Durham Bulls or a show at DPAC. We trust employees to get work done without constant supervision, and output/results are more important than anything else.
How to Apply
Please send a custom cover letter, your resume and salary requirements to managing director Sara Abrons via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Your salary requirement can be a range, but please be sure to include it. To show you read this entire description and can follow directions, please also include in your cover letter your favorite restaurant in the Triangle area and why it’s your favorite. (If you happen to not be local, just tell us about your favorite restaurant anywhere, or maybe somewhere you’d like to try in the Triangle.)