Public Relations Intern
Classification: Intern (15-20 hours per week, not to exceed 32 hours per week) April 2021 – December 2021, with the possibility to extend to the Spring 2022 semester
Reports to: Director of Communications, Morgan Lawrence, APR
THE rAVe Agency is looking for a public relations intern to join the growing communication team. This role is an ideal opportunity for someone who wants to gain experience in an agency setting, work on various client projects and explore the role of public relations. This position will offer the opportunity to work on real client projects and gain real-world experience and knowledge. The public relations intern will assist THE rAVe Agency communications team with content writing, including blogs, press releases and case studies, and media reporting. The ideal candidate is motivated to learn about the audiovisual industry and technology, has a passion for writing and storytelling, and is flexible when it comes to hours and workloads. The public relations intern will collaborate closely with the director of communications and leadership team.
- Writing strategic content and proofreading other employee’s work.
- Writing press releases and case studies.
- Learning and writing in the style of THE rAVe Agency and its associated clients.
- Work with the director of communications to maintain a consistent voice and tone in the produced copy for multiple clients.
- Monitoring media coverage and creating coverage reports utilizing management software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Passion for the craft of writing and marketing.
- A proven ability to work quickly and efficiently with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage tasks within a fast-paced environment.
- Previous communications experience is a plus.
Work will eventually be performed at the main offices of THE rAVe Agency, currently located at 1011 S Hamilton Rd., Third Floor, Chapel Hill, NC., with a remote work
option 2-3 days a week. Due to COVID, staff currently can work remotely, and leadership evaluates the return-to-office plan often.
Position type and expected hours of work:
Intern (15-20 hours per week, not to exceed 32 hours per week) April 2021 – December 2021, with the possibility to extend to the Spring 2022 semester
While not required, all employees are encouraged to seek out relevant professional development opportunities to increase their knowledge of the industry and its technology, as well as skills relevant to his/her position. Reimbursement requests for professional development and related travel must be approved by the COO in advance.
THE rAVe Agency is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions at THE rAVe Agency are based exclusively on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, national, social or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation and all other statuses as protected by the laws and regulations of the United States and/or the state of North Carolina.
The company does not offer tenure or guaranteed employment. The company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or
without cause, with or without notice. This is called employment at-will, and this relationship exists regardless of any other written statements or policies contained in any company documents or verbal statements to the contrary.
Email a resume, cover letter and writing sample to email@example.com.