Job Title: Graphic Design Internship
Classification: Paid Intern (15-20 hours per week, not to exceed 32 hours per week). This position will begin approximately late October 2021 and will end late June 2022.
Reports to: Creative Director, Emily Dean / Graphic Designer, Anne-Marie Barr
Date: Updated 10.15.21
Summary: THE rAVe Agency is looking for a Graphic Design intern to join our growing creative team. This role is perfect for someone looking to explore agency and in-house work as THE rAVe Agency offers both experiences. The Graphic Design intern will assist the creative team and graphics team with various creative assets and offer input during creative meetings to help build internal and client campaigns. The ideal candidate is flexible, nimble, can think quickly, has a passion for visual design and produces the highest quality possible. We are looking for someone creative and driven.
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities:
- Designing for various THE rAVe Agency and client brand initiatives, marketing campaigns, and product launches across multiple mediums (web, print, email, social media, motion graphics, video, etc.)
- Complete various video editing projects
- Assist in designing and completing emails for various campaigns and client campaigns/projects.
- Design web pages and layouts and create graphics and assets for web applications.
- Develop social media graphic templates for THE rAVe Agency and clients.
- Understanding of design principles and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to work and maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-stress environments while managing workload and priorities.
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain brand guidelines.
- Fluent in the full Adobe Creative Suite, Keynote, and Powerpoint.
- Efficient in Adobe Premiere
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset and enthusiastic attitude.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and receive project feedback.
- Ability to take design feedback and incorporate it quickly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Nice to Have:
- Ability to create animations in After Effects.
- HTML/CSS experience for front end design styling.
- An interest in technology.
- Social media management experience.
- Copywriting experience.
Work environment: Work will eventually be performed at the main offices of THE rAVe Agency, currently located at 1011 S Hamilton Rd., Third Floor, Chapel Hill, NC., with a remote work option 2-3 days a week. Due to COVID, staff currently have the option to work remotely, and leadership evaluates the return-to-office plan often.
Position type and expected hours of work: Internship working 15-20 hours per week; typical working hours are 9 am – 5:30 pm, Monday – Thursday, 9 am – 12:30 pm, Friday, however sometimes work may be assigned outside of these hours. The company reserves the right to adjust these hours at any time.
Professional development: While not required, all employees are encouraged to seek out relevant professional development opportunities to increase their knowledge of the industry and its technology, as well as skills relevant to his/her position. Reimbursement requests for professional development and related travel must be approved by the COO in advance.
EEO Statement: THE rAVe Agency is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions at THE rAVe Agency are based exclusively on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, national, social or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation and all other statuses as protected by the laws and regulations of the United States and/or the state of North Carolina.
Employment at-will: The company does not offer tenure or guaranteed employment. The company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice. This is called employment at-will, and this relationship exists regardless of any other written statements or policies contained in any company documents or verbal statements to the contrary.