Job Title: Social Media Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Marketing
Date: Updated 12/04/2021
Summary: This position will work directly with THE rAVe Agency social clients to develop successful social media campaigns and a strong social media presence. Duties include maintaining day-to-day social media calendars and posting on different social platforms, communicating daily with clients, creating and implementing creative and fresh campaigns, pulling KPIs to determine social media campaigns’ success and overall growth of the client’s social media platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, or related field and two years of social media management, digital communications, marketing or public relations experience.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities:
- Manage day-to-day posting across all social media platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and other emerging platforms) for three to five clients
- Write original social media content day-to-day for each client on each platform
- Support and advise clients in leveraging social media platforms to tell stories, promote products, support marketing campaigns, promote events, and position clients as thought leaders
- Build and grow organic following for clients’ social platforms quarter over quarter
- Monitor and report on metrics
- Create monthly social media reports and present to clients
- Continuously analyze platform metrics and suggest recommendations on how to grow client’s social platforms
- Be a social media expert and stay up-to-date with social media trends that can be turned into actionable marketing strategies/tactics for clients
- Knowledge of and experience in the use of Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and other emerging social media platforms for business
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, and analytical skills
- Experience using Sprout Social or similar social media management tool
- Experience with analytics and measuring social media engagement
- Graphic design experience with Adobe creative suite or Canva
- Ability to write in different voices and adhere to different client style guides
- Ability to work calmly and professionally under deadline and/or crisis communications
- Ability to work occasional evenings and/or weekends and to travel for client events
- Experience with external client communication and management
- Organized and self-motivated
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and set priorities within tight timelines and high client expectations
Physical Demands: Employees must be able to spend 8+ hours per day operating a computer to complete work.
Work environment: Work will eventually be performed at the main offices of THE rAVe Agency, currently located at 1011 S Hamilton Rd., Third Floor, Chapel Hill, NC., with a remote work option 2-3 days a week. Due to COVID, staff currently have the option to work remotely, and leadership evaluates the return-to-office plan often.
Professional development: While not required, all employees are encouraged to seek out relevant professional development opportunities to increase their knowledge of the industry and its technology, as well as skills relevant to his/her position. Reimbursement requests for professional development and related travel must be approved by the COO in advance.
EEO Statement: THE rAVe Agency is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions at THE rAVe Agency are based exclusively on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, national, social or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation and all other statuses as protected by the laws and regulations of the United States and/or the state of North Carolina.
Employment at-will: The company does not offer tenure or guaranteed employment. The company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice. This is called employment at-will, and this relationship exists regardless of any other written statements or policies contained in any company documents or verbal statements to the contrary.